If you're anything like me, you rely on your iPhone to keep you organized and in control. One of the ways I use my iPhone to stay on top of things is by setting alerts and notifications for important events and tasks.
There are many different ways to customize alerts and notifications on your iPhone. There's no need to miss a thing when you customize alerts and notifications on your iPhone.
You can choose which apps send you push notifications, how loud your alerts sound, and even what type of vibration pattern you want.
Here's the answer to your query: “how do I personalize alerts on iPhone?”
Let’s dive into it and make your phone more "You!" Read on.
Here Are Some Ways To Customize Alerts/Notifications
Did you know that you can customize your iPhone's alerts and notifications so that they're just what you want them to be?
Here are some ways you can customize your alerts or notifications:
How To add an Alert
Go to Settings > Notifications > and select the type of alert or notification you want to change and tap on it. Tap Edit at the top of the screen, then select one of the following options:
- Add an alert/notification: Choose this option if you want to create a new alert or notification and add it to your current list.
- Remove an alert/notification: Choose this option if you want to delete an existing alert or notification from your current list and change its settings so they match whatever new settings were chosen in step 1 above when creating a new one (e.g., time period).
Change the Look of Alerts/Notifications
If you're not a huge fan of the default look, go into Settings > Notifications > and tap on "Alert Style." You can choose from several different notification styles, including:
- Dark: This style is meant to put as little emphasis on the text as possible, so it's easy to read at night, even if it's just briefly visible in the corner of your vision.
- Light: This one is similar to the dark style—it just uses light colors instead! It's great for when you want something more subtle than the dark one but still want it to pop.
Choose When You Want To Get Notified
Notifications are easy to set up, and you can use them to keep track of all kinds of things. Just go into Settings > Notifications and tap the toggle next to any app that you want to get notified about.
Then choose how often you'd like it to notify you (one time, every day, or once an hour). You can also choose whether or not it should vibrate or sound when you get a notification from that app.
Customize Focus Mode On Your iPhone
When you're at home, you want to be able to get some work done on your phone without being interrupted by notifications. That's why we've made it super easy for you to set up personal notifications for when Focus is turned on. To do this:
- Tap Personal > Personal to set up allowed notifications for a typical day at home.
- Now you need to yap on ‘Next.’
- From there, you will add contacts who should be allowed to contact you when your iphone’s Focus mode is turned on.
- Tap Allow when finished. You can add as many apps as you want in the Focus mode and then tap Allow.
- At the Personal screen, turn on the Personal switch to manually activate this setting for your specific situation. You can then customize the Focus Status, Home Screen, and Lock Screen options accordingly!
Enable Notification Summary
Do you receive a lot of notifications or alerts on your iPhone? Do you feel like there's just too much to keep up with?
I know. I've been there, and I’ve had the same question too many times: "How do I make sure I don't miss any notifications?"
Well, worry no more! I’m about to teach you how to set up a notification summary on your iPhone so that you'll never miss a thing again.
Here’s how you can do so:
- Open Settings > Notifications.
- Select the app that has notifications you want to be alerted about and tap "Show Summary."
- In the Summary section, you'll see a short description of each notification and how much time it took to arrive.
If you followed along with the steps above, congratulations! You have successfully customized your iPhone notifications.
Be sure to test out your new settings and enjoy having more control over how you’re alerted to incoming messages, calls, and other important updates. Have a great day!