You've probably seen people posting on social media about their driver's licenses being added to Apple Wallet and you're wondering how it works.
So today, I'm going to walk you through it and tell you exactly what you need to do to learn how to add a driver's license to Apple Wallet in IOS 15.
Though there are many methods to add driver’s license to the Apple Wallet, here are the best ones I know:
- Use Safari
- Add directly from the Apple Wallet app
Read on to learn the step-by-step process of these methods below.
Answered: How To Add Driver’s License To Apple Wallet IOS 15
If you want to add driver's license information to your apple wallet, then here are some simple steps in doing so.
Step 1: Open up Safari on your iPhone or iPad, and navigate to https://www.idriveusa.com/apple-wallet.
Step 2: Scroll down to the section where it shows the "Scan Driver's License" button, then click on it. You will be asked to put in your state and zip code, then click on "Next".
Step 3: Now you will see a message asking you if you would like to add that information into the Apple Wallet app by scanning a picture of your driver's license or other ID card (like a passport), or by entering the information manually. Choose whichever option is best for you, then click on "Next".
Step 4: Now you are taken back to the previous screen where you will be given two options: Add driver's license now, or Cancel this process. Select whatever option suits your needs best and that’s how
Other than this, there is another method that you can use and learn, “how to add driver’s license to Apple Wallet IOS 15.” Apple support also shares the same method.
Follow the following steps:
- Open the Wallet App
- Next, click on the “Add” icon
- There you will have several options. You need to click on “Driver’s License or State ID”
- Now, your iPhone will ask you to scan your driver’s license. You need to place the ID on a flat surface where the light is bright and the driver’s license will be placed on the front side of your Apple ID, your iPhone will click a picture.
- Now click on “Continue”
- Then, repeat the same image clicking process with the back of your ID
- Now, tap Continue
- You will again see “Continue” on the screen. Click on it.
- After that, you will have to verify your face identity while coming in front of the camera. You will follow the instructions given by phone to verify your identity.
- When done clicking your photo, click on continue again.
- Then, review and agree to the T&Cs.
- By doing that, your information will be shared with the state's DMV or MVD!
- Once they approve your ID, you will be able to see it in the Apple Wallet app, and voila! You can now use your Driver’s License from your iPhone!
How To Use Driver’s License on iPhone
If you're new to Apple Wallet, you may be wondering how to use a driver's license on the app. Here's how!
Firstly, you'll want to make sure that your license is in the format of a QR code. If it's not in this format, the Wallet will not be able to read it.
- Open the Wallet app on your iPhone or iPad and tap on "Settings."
- Tap "Accounts & Passwords," then "Add Account" (or just swipe left).
- Tap "Add Apple ID," then enter your password and tap "Next."
- Enter your payment method information, then tap "Done." You're all set! Now when you're ready to pay for something using your driver's license, just scan it with the Wallet app and pay!
The Bottom Line
Apple Wallet is a great way to store your credit card information and make it easy to use. Add your credit card information directly from your driver's license and enjoy it. We have already mentioned how to add a driver’s license to Apple Wallet IOS 15 in this post above. If you have questions, comment them down without any hesitation.
FAQs on How To Add Driver’s License Apple Wallet IOS 15
Which states allow you to add ID in Apple Wallet?
The following states will allow you to add ID in Apple Wallet soon:
- The territory of Puerto Rico
How does a driver's license work on Apple Wallet?
When you have added the driver’s license to the Wallet app, you can easily tap your iPhone or Apple Watch on an identity reader at a TSA checkpoint and it will work. No hassles of taking out your physical card.